Terms & Conditions of Membership of the Green Tourism Programme
- Green Business UK Ltd is the parent company that is responsible for delivering the Green Tourism Business Scheme (hereafter referred to as GREEN TOURISM)
- In this schedule the following words will have the meanings ascribed to them:-
- A ‘Member’ of GREEN TOURISM refers to a tourism business with a ‘Green Coordinator’ or General Manager that has signed or otherwise indicated their commitment to the Code of Conduct on the ‘Application Form’, and the first year membership invoice has been paid.
- An ‘Applicant’ has signed or otherwise indicated their commitment to the Code of Conduct on the ‘Application Form’, but the first year membership invoice has not yet been paid.
- An ‘Advisor’, ‘Auditor’ or ‘Assessor’ refers to a suitably trained and experienced individual, employed by Green Business UK Ltd to provide advice to ‘Members’ of GREEN TOURISM and to carry out ‘Grading Assessments’ under the GREEN TOURISM ‘criteria’ for the purposes of certification of that ‘Member’ as a Sustainable Tourism business.
- ‘GreenCheck Quiz’ is the portal that will allow an ‘applicant’ to enter the GREEN TOURISM journey
- GreenCheck’ is the interactive assessment process available to all members
- In order to become a ‘Member’ of GREEN TOURISM, a completed application form must be submitted to the address: Green Business UK, 4 Atholl Place, Perth, PH1 5ND, signed by the appointed ‘Green Coordinator’. GREEN TOURISM will assume that authorisation has been given by the appropriate management level for participation in GREEN TOURISM and full payment of ongoing membership costs is understood.
- On receipt of an ‘Application Form’, GREEN TOURISM administration team will acknowledge receipt of said application form by e-mail. The GREEN TOURISM Accounts team will then produce an invoice for the first year membership and joining fee and post this to the appropriate department for payment.
- Once payment of this first year invoice has been confirmed, the GREEN TOURISM Administration team will acknowledge receipt of payment by e-mail and attach electronic files containing Awaiting Grading logos. See item #9 for Terms & Conditions of Logo Usage. At this point the applicant has become a ‘Member’ and will thereafter be displayed on the website green-tourism.comas ‘Grading Pending’.
- Code of conduct: The code of conduct will be signed on application and adhered to during the term of membership. This is a requirement for completion of the GreenCheck assessment.
If any business is found to have broken the overall aims of the Green Business Ltd , the basic elements of the code of conduct, failed compulsory elements,contravened the Trade Descriptions Act 1968 bymisrepresenting their accreditation level,caused significant environmental damage or otherwise brought the scheme into disrepute, the operators reserve the right to fail the establishment or cancel their membership without refund.
Application to the Green Tourism does not guarantee a grading award and if there is any uncertainty regarding your business type with respect to the criteria an advisory visit by a senior assessor will be necessary to establish suitability and benefit prior to joining.
- Payment terms
- No assessment verified – 60 days late
- Removal from Website – 90 days late
- Removal from programme – 120 days late
The grading awarded shall apply to the operator in respect of the establishment for the period from the date of issue by confirmation email until the earlier of:
- the date on which the operator ceases to participate in the scheme; or
- the grading awarded ceases to have effect in accordance with these Terms & Conditions and/or Code of Conduct and/or Re-grading Visit.
The operator shall be entitled to display the appropriate wall plaque and any other promotional material provided by Green Tourism in respect of the grade awarded only for the duration of the relevant period and subject to the other conditions within these Terms & Conditions
The operator shall for the duration of the relevant period, be bound to maintain the establishment so as continuously to comply with the relevant grading award.
The grading awarded shall cease to apply with immediate effect in the event that during the relevant period any of the following occur:
- the operator sells, leases or otherwise disposes of the establishment or the business associated therewith;
- the operator fails to comply with the relevant grading award criteria for the establishment;
- any information, including information available on the green-tourism.com website, given to Green Tourism by or on behalf of the operator and whether or not in connection with the application for grading or during an inspection of the establishment is found to be false or misleading, or where it is found that there has been a failure to disclose any material fact which would have had a bearing on Green Tourism’s award; and
- the operator displays or allows to be displayed at the establishment, or refers or allows reference to be made in any form whatsoever, to a grade differing from that which has been awarded by Green Tourism to the operator in respect of the relevant period.
The operator shall be bound at the end of the relevant period or on the earlier cessation of the grade awarded in terms of any of the conditions of these Terms & Conditions, forthwith to remove from the establishment the wall plaque, and any other promotional material pertaining to the grade provided by Green Tourism and any other advertisement pertaining thereto including any promotional items acquired by the operator. The operator shall also forthwith delete or cause to be deleted any reference to any grade awarded, whether then in force or otherwise, which appears anywhere in the establishment or in any advertising or business material pertaining thereto.
The operator shall indemnify Green Tourism against all claims for compensation (including any expenses arising from or in respect of such claims) arising out of or in connection with the failure by the operator to maintain the establishment in accordance with the grading criteria upon which the award to the operator was based during the relevant period.
- Use of Logo
Individuals may use the logos to acknowledge their membership in the organisation and grading level achieved.
It is also acceptable to grant permission to third parties, such as printers and web designers, to use the logos for promotional purposes.
9.a Specific use of the logo
The user must:
- not alter or modify the logo in any way;
- ensure the logo appears and is printed in its entirety, as supplied, by itself and not combined with any other graphic or textual elements;
- ensure the logo is not used as a design element of any other logo or trademark;
- not use the Green Tourism logo in any manner that might disparage or injure Green Tourism reputation
- not use Green Tourism logo on any web site that is in violation of any applicable laws or governmental regulations;
- ensure that the use of the Green Tourism logo is truthful and not misleading. The user must not use the logo to imply any relationship with, or endorsement or sponsorship by, Green Tourism that is not true. The user must not use the Green Tourism logo in connection with any disparaging or negative statements about Green Tourism or any of Green Tourism activities etc.
9.b Propitiated use of the logo
- It is our policy that the Green Tourism Logos including Grading Logos be used without modification and in an appropriate manner.
- You may not alter the Green Tourism logo to incorporate any other object, including, but not limited to other logos, icons, words, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, design features, symbols, audio files or video files.
- The Member may use the appropriate Green Tourism logo at any publically accessible location including signs, letterhead stationery and customer information. The logo should also appear on the Member’s website, linked to the home page of www.green-tourism.com, to enable consumers to understand its significance. A green/environmental page can also be included on the website explaining the actions taken toward gaining an award. The award covers the site and its management and should not be used in promotions involving other sites which have not met at least the same overall grading. Please note that the percentage achieved should not be promoted, only the award level itself.
- The business is permitted to use the Awaiting Grading logo only when they have committed to join the Green Tourism by signing the Code of Conduct on the Application Form and paying the first year membership fee invoice. The Member is permitted to use the Awaiting Grading logo for a limited time only. The member must undertake a Green Tourism assessment within a year of joining. The Member is permitted to use award level logos only for the level the Member has achieved as a result of the most recent assessment.
- The user should not use the logo, or any part thereof, as part of their name or identity nor use any name or mark confusingly similar to Green Tourism logo. The user must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in particular, all laws and regulations pertaining to proper protection, use and designation of trademarks in the UK and any countries in which they intend to use the logo.
If the operator chooses to cease membership of the programme a refund will only be made if cancellation is within the first 6 months of the first year of membership and no assessment has taken place. Non-refundable joining fee.
Green Tourism withholds the right to withdraw any member from the scheme for which it has received three or more written complaints within one scheme year; or where access to the establishment by Green Tourism for the purpose of inspection has been refused or denied by the proprietor on more than two occasions and, in the sole opinion of Green Tourism, such refusal or denial of access is being used to frustrate the efforts of Green Tourism to inspect the establishment.
- Change of Ownership
The operator shall immediately inform Green Tourism of any proposals to sell, lease or otherwise dispose of the establishment.
When an establishment is sold or the method of operation changed, e.g. contracted out, private residence, the existing rating cannot be transferred. If a property is sold for continued use to accommodate guests and details of the new owners are provided to Green Tourism, the rating may be continued under certain criteria. To find out how to meet this criteria contact us on 01738 632162 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Owners
Grading will automatically be transferred to the new owners. The operator shall inform any person to whom they intend to sell, lease or otherwise dispose of the establishment as aforesaid prior to such sale, lease or disposal, that the grading awarded by Green Tourism in respect of the establishment will be transferred to the establishment by the operator (whether by sale, lease or otherwise) . Details of the new contact within the business will be given to Green Tourism. The award will run within the new management until the end of the membership year. On that time new management will have the opportunity to re-apply for the Green Tourism membership and a grading will be arranged within a year of a membership payment by the new management.
- Membership Cancellation/Termination
- A members Grading may be amended without notification if any information, including information available on the Green Tourism website, given to Green Tourism by or on behalf of the member and whether or not in connection with the application for Grading and Classification of business type or during any inspection of the establishment is found to be false or misleading, or where it is found that there has been a failure to disclose any material fact which would have had a bearing on the Green Tourism grading;
- The operator displays or allows to be displayed at the establishment, or refers or allows reference to be made in may form whatsoever, to a Grade and Classification differing from that which has been awarded by Green Tourism to the operator in respect of the relevant period.
- Legal Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- Indemnity Clause
The user shall be liable for and will indemnify Green Tourism against all liability, loss, damages, costs, professional and other expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by Green Tourism, whether direct or consequential arising out of the use by the user of the logo, except insofar as any such loss may arise from the negligence of Green Tourism.
Revised and updated 27/03/2019